Sunday, July 8, 2012

Banana Bread (Gluten, Dairy, & Soy Free)


Banana bread has been my favorite since I can remember. I have posted a few different times about recipes that I love for what i now refer to as "Normal People Food" haha! Not so much can I eat that any more. My recent diagnoses of intolerances has prompted my new way of baking and looking at the food I eat. This particular recipe yields a very moist crumb so be ready! (Recipe originally adapted from Elizabeth Hasselbeck)


You will need:
  • 5 tbsp. pure canola oil
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup mashed super ripe bananas (best after being frozen)
  • 1 cup brown rice flour
  • 3/4 cup millet flour
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Instructions:
  • preheat oven to 350
  • spray a loaf pan with non stick spray and set aside
  • in the bowl of a mixer combine oil and sugar
  • add in eggs one at a time
  • add in banana and mix about 1 minute
  • add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined
  • pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes or until the center of the bread springs back to the touch
  • cool and devour! (or don't cool and devour hot)!

Mmmm mmmm good,

3 comments:

  1. We love banana bread. This is an amazing gluten free recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, "or don't cool and devour hot)!" perfect recipe. I love that this is gluten, dairy, and soy free. Can't wait to make this Banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking this morning I need to make banana bread. Thanks for the recipe!

    -Jenn

    http://apopofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Layout By Penny Lane Designs | Header By Ashley Brooke Designs